Do you love making stories on the internet?
Do you seek out conversations about audiences and user behavior?
Does the idea of collaboration make you feel like this?
If so, keep reading!
We are a team of designers, journalists, and engineers who are tasked with making good internet. We work with all of Vox Media’s eight brands on stories like Ezra Klein’s Hillary Clinton interview or Curbed’s 10 Streets that define America. Going into 2017, we’re going to be focusing even more on visual, audio, and data storytelling across all platforms, and we’re looking for the right designer to help us do it!
Our new teammate is
- Someone who isn’t afraid to get in front of a whiteboard and lead a brainstorm. We need a designer who can come up with interesting angles to stories that leverage visual assets.
- Someone who loves the adrenaline rush of a breaking news story. We need a designer who thinks editorially and has interested ideas on how to frame or reframe topics in the news.
- Someone who loves getting prototypes in front of people early and often. We want a designer who can design, build, and deploy interactive storytelling projects that adhere to our design, accessibility, and performance standards.
- Someone who is excited by the idea of storytelling through messaging bots or Instagram stories. We’re searching for someone who can design and build storytelling experiences across platforms by working with reporters, editors, social teams, and the video studio.
- Someone who isn’t afraid to ask why. We are looking for a designer who is a strong voice for moving storytelling beyond text, and making sure what we publish has a purpose for our audience.
More about our team
- We care about each other. We make time to get to know each other, share stories, and reflect on our week.
- We care about our work. We don’t simply move from project to project, we take time to reflect on each story. We prioritize design research and exploration at the beginning of projects.
- We have a process that empowers you to do your best work. We are constantly iterating on our team process to make it work for everyone: we document everything we do, work hard to ensure we’re not having unnecessary meetings, and reimagine traditional processes like scrum in a way that works best for our team.
- Our work matters. We strive to create high-impact journalism that informs and moves our audiences.
View the full job posting and fill out your application here.
About working at Vox Media
We encourage candidates of all experience levels to apply. If the above doesn't describe you perfectly, please apply anyway and tell us why you want to work with us.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.