Have you worked with writers and editors to decide how to tell a story? Or reported on your own story?
Do you like collaborating with other engineers, designers and managers?
The Storytelling Studio is looking for a front-end engineer who seeks to push the boundaries of traditional web journalism by collaborating with Vox Media’s eight brands to create user-focused storytelling experiences.
We are a team of designers, journalists, and engineers who are tasked with making good internet. We work with all of Vox Media’s eight brands on stories like Ezra Klein’s Hillary Clinton interview and Curbed’s 10 Streets that define America. In 2017, we’re focusing even more on visual, audio, and data storytelling across all platforms.
Apply if you...
- Enjoy working on small cross-functional teams and short-term projects.
- Love the news and like to think about ways to tell stories, visualize data and make information easier to retrieve and understand.
- Find it easy to pick up and understand new technologies and techniques.
- Are fascinated by the prospect of AI and other new tools to analyze data or allow readers to interact with the news.
- Are not afraid to speak up when you see an interesting opportunity or potential problem.
More about our team
- We care about each other. We make time to get to know each other, share stories, and reflect on our week.
- We care about our work. We don’t simply move from project to project, we take time to reflect on each story. We prioritize design research and exploration at the beginning of projects.
- We have a process that empowers you to do your best work. We are constantly iterating on our team process to make it work for everyone: we document everything we do, work hard to ensure we’re not having unnecessary meetings, and reimagine traditional processes like scrum in a way that works best for our team.
- Our work matters. We strive to create high-impact journalism that informs and moves our audiences.
About working at Vox Media
We encourage candidates of all experience levels to apply. If the above doesn't describe you perfectly, please apply anyway and tell us why you want to work with us.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.